- Technology trends that will revolutionize Africa in 2023
- Kenya’s Equity Bank completes acquisition of Spire Bank
- Nigeria’s Union Bank gets $30Mn loan from IFC to lend to SMEs
- African countries open to cheaper flights to boost domestic travel
- Majority of Kenyans buy from companies with distinctive branding – Report
- Tapping into the potential of Africa’s music industry
- Breaking the Cycle: Strategies for Managing Black Tax
- US and Mozambique Agree on Key Components of Mozambique Compact
The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) signed memorandums of understanding with organisations and companies in Indonesia on the sidelines of the B20 Summit, which was held on November 13-14, 2022, in Bali, Indonesia.
It should be noted that the Business 20 (B20) is a platform emerging from the G20, which is concerned with communicating with the global business community. The Business 20 (B20) was established in 2010 to develop the necessary policy recommendations on previously identified topics and submit them to the G20 Presidency during the Summit.
Dawood Al Shezawi, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Annual Investment Meeting, signed a memorandum of understanding with the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry KADIN, represented by the Chairman, M. Arasjad Rasjid P.M., to bring in business owners and investors and help organise joint programmes between the UAE and Indonesia, including the AIM – the Asian version – in Indonesia in November …
- The International Property Show (IPS) is the Middle East’s Biggest Property Sales Platform for local and international real estate market
- The IPS provides buyers with a one-stop-shop where they can find a complete package of bargain deals
- From the 24 – 26 March 2022, the real estate industry’s largest live-in-person exhibition will attract more than 20K visitors from over 40 participating countries
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is increasingly looking to Africa as the continent continues on a trajectory as one of the most promising markets in the world.
With Africa recovering from the negative effects of the pandemic and expectations that it will full get back in 2022, the UAE continues to see the continent’s rising markets as a huge growth opportunity. Although it exports goods to various African countries, the UAE is also a major importer of goods and commodities from 10 African nations.
The outlook for 2022 …
- AIM aspires to utilize the AIM Global 2022 Investment Awards to recognize the best performing Investment Promotion Agencies IPAs across the globe
- The Annual Investment Meeting is from March 29 -31, 2022, at the Dubai Exhibition Center, EXPO 2020
- The UAE Minister of Economics will honour the top IPA during the last day at the official Gala Dinner
The number one objective of the Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) is to empower investors, drive economic growth and make the world better.
The Annual Investment Meeting is from March 29 -31, 2022, at the Dubai Exhibition Center, EXPO 2020.
Over the last ten years, the AIM has evolved into the world’s leading platform, with six strategic pillars:
- The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Pillar will help participants unravel new investment opportunities in the global market, promoting economic growth.
- The Small and Medium
- African Union hosting eight events at the Expo 2020 Dubai
- The world sees Africa as the new frontier for business, trade and investment
- How the UAE is setting itself up as the launchpad for doing business in Africa
The African Union (AU) is hosting eight events at Expo 2020 Dubai. With one event each week, the AU hopes to highlight the continent’s investment opportunities and reshape the general world view of Africa, the least not being, science and technology development on the continent.
“From the onset, we set our sights on showcasing the incredible and continued opportunities that lie across the African continent,” remarked Dr. Levi Uche Madueke, the AU Expo Commissioner General.
“We are hitting the ground running. Our Expo 2020 Dubai activities further advance the cause of fulfilling the aspirations of Agenda 2063,” he said reassuring all visitors of ‘a great show of marvel and awe.’
- Polish-African relations are helping with trade and investments on two continents
- The Polish Ministry of development is launching a new trade and investment agency
- AIM will be held under the main theme of Investments in Sustainable Innovation for a Thriving Future, at the Dubai Exhibition Center, EXPO 2020 Dubai
Polish-African relations are helping with trade and investments connecting two continents that have had an interesting mix of realtionship.
With Africa being a raw materials producer for the world for centuries, the relationship is now shifting where the continent is attracting suitors not only for the raw materials but also for technology transfer. This is taking shape as many countries outside of Africa jostle for a space on the table.
While it is still a long journey before Africa is treated as a continent and not a country, there are rays of hope as hitherto deeply rooted colonial puppets are edged…
- The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) is taking place from March 29 -31 2022 at the Dubai Exhibition Center, EXPO 2020
- AIM 2022, will focus mainly on endorsing and boosting investments towards sustainability and innovation through the conference’s 6 pillars
- AIM is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) will make history once again from March 29 – 31 2022 at the Dubai Exhibition Center, EXPO 2020.
This event is a new edition that aspires to empower the recovery of global economic growth.
Held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Ruler of Dubai, the global investment event is held under the theme of “Investments in Sustainable Innovation for a Thriving Future”.
“AIM’s forthcoming edition, AIM …
- President Uhuru Kenyatta called on Gulf investors to set up shop in Kenya during the Kenya-Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states business forum in Dubai
- Enhancing trade between Kenya and the Gulf countries would help to address the urgent need for jobs and economic opportunities
- UAE Under Secretary of Economy Abdulla Alsaleh assured that the Gulf nation is working to remove any obstacles that hinder trade between the two countries
DUBAI, UAE, 15th February 2022 (PSCU) – President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday directed Kenyan Government officials to be at the forefront in facilitating trade to give the country a comparative advantage as an investment destination of choice.
The President, who invited Gulf investors to set up shop in Kenya, said the country needed to adapt to what investors wanted and remove the bureaucratic red tape that undermined trade.
“We need to be the welcoming party. We are here to listen. We …
- The suspension does not affect cargo flights from the UEA to Kenya by Kenya Airways and Emirates airline.
- The suspension began at midnight on Monday and will last for seven days.
- Dubai’s decision to prohibit all passenger flights from Kenya is due to fraudulent Covid tests
In response to Dubai’s decision to prohibit all passenger flights from Kenya over fraudulent Covid tests, Kenya has halted all incoming and transit passenger flights from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
According to the director-general of the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA), Gilbert Kibe, the suspension began at midnight Monday and will last for seven days.
But the embargo does not affect cargo flights from the UEA to Kenya by Kenya Airways and Emirates airline.
“A seven-day suspension of passenger flights from the United Arab Emirates has been put in place. Kenyan …
A terse statement from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) this morning indicated that all air transport services from Kenya to Dubai were suspended by the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA).
This sounded like a replay of the altercation between the UAE and Nigeria last week over the UAE’s move to restrict flights from Nigeria. Ironically the UAE expected to operate unhindered but Nigeria chose to level the playing ground by giving the UAE the same treatment.
The move saw the UAE rescind the earlier decision even though a diplomatic standoff continues.
Kenya has not yet responded to the statement which in full read:
“As per [the] directive from Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA), all air transport services with inbound and transit passenger movements to the emirate of Dubai from any point in the Republic of Kenya are temporarily suspended for 48 hours …
- The largest and most prestigious oil and gas show for the African upstream which is scheduled to run from November 8 to November 11 will be taking place at Madinat Jumeirah Conference Centre, Dubai
- This is the first time the conference is taking place in the UAE.
- The 2022 event will then return to CTICC in Cape Town, South Africa for which the organizers have signed a 3-year deal.