- AIM aspires to utilize the AIM Global 2022 Investment Awards to recognize the best performing Investment Promotion Agencies IPAs across the globe
- The Annual Investment Meeting is from March 29 -31, 2022, at the Dubai Exhibition Center, EXPO 2020
- The UAE Minister of Economics will honour the top IPA during the last day at the official Gala Dinner
The number one objective of the Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) is to empower investors, drive economic growth and make the world better.
The Annual Investment Meeting is from March 29 -31, 2022, at the Dubai Exhibition Center, EXPO 2020.
Over the last ten years, the AIM has evolved into the world’s leading platform, with six strategic pillars:
- The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Pillar will help participants unravel new investment opportunities in the global market, promoting economic growth.
- The Small and Medium Enterprises Pillar will recognize enterprises’ contributions to the global economy through the AIM 2022 Investment awards and empower them.
- The Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPI) Pillar will enable investors to diversify their portfolios, establish contacts with local organizations, and access investment flows.
- The Startups Pillar- Aims at helping investors find new investment opportunities while helping entrepreneurs acquire venture capital and seed funding for their startups.
- The Future Cities Pillar rallies up government and investor support to maximize the potential of innovation, technologies, and smart city solutions.
- The 50 Projects Initiatives Pillar supports the UAE’s ‘Projects of the 50’ initiative covering numerous vital sectors, including the economy, entrepreneurship, advanced Skills, digital economy, space, and advanced technologies.
The 2022 edition of AIM will be focusing on the crucial role that Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs) are playing in the global investment arena.
In collaboration with KPMG, British-Dutch multinational professional services network, AIM aspires to utilize the AIM Global 2022 Investment Awards to recognize the best performing Investment Promotion Agencies IPAs across the globe.
KPMG firms work in 145 countries and territories, with over 236,000 employees. With three lines of services – financial audit, tax, and advisory – KPMG is helping global organizations mitigate risks and grasp opportunities, thus driving positive, sustainable change for clients, people, and society.
AIM and KPMG have jointly launched the ‘Investment Promotion Agency (IPA) Perception Survey & Awards’. They aim to measure the recovery path charted by global IPAs and recognize all the efforts made by IPAs that are sound in line with the expectations of the global investor.
AIM and KPMG will issue the investment awards in the AIM Global 2022 Gala dinner that will take place at Armani Hotel, Dubai, to recognize the best Investment Promotion Agencies IPAs in each region of the world. The awards target to capture each country’s accomplishment in attracting sizable and beneficial investment projects and, thereby, their contribution to their markets’ economic growth and development.
Benefits of the AIM Global 2022 Investment Awards
- The UAE Minister of Economics will honour the top Investment Promotion Agency during the last day at the official Gala Dinner.
- The Winning Investment Promotion Agency will receive comprehensive promotion and marketing through AIM & KPMG Social Media platforms, advertisement in AIM 2023 Exhibition Catalogue and Coverage in AIM 2022 post-show report.
- AIM will facilitate the granting of Visas for all the country delegates attending AIM.
- The winners of the six categories outlined below will access KPMG’s market reports and invite-only webinars.
- The AIM Global 2020 investment award winners will have an exclusive opportunity to present their winning case with the IPA community at Dubai Expo and showcase themselves as global leaders.
Participating IPAs will be grouped in specific categories, with the awards based on an in-depth assessment of the best practices implemented under the different categories.
Categories in the AIM Global 2022 Investment Awards
Investment Promotion Agencies with characteristic similarities will be grouped and assessed in the following six classes:
Best Knowledge & Digital Hub AwardThe criterion for determining the winning IPA is “the best practice for creating globally recognized knowledge assets through effective dissemination channels”.
- Top Digital & Innovation Powerhouse Award
The standard for determining the winning IPA is “the best practice for creating globally recognized knowledge assets through effective dissemination channels”.
- Turbocharging Startups & Small and Medium Enterprises
The criterion for determining the winning IPA is the “promotion of inclusive growth through programs focused on supporting the Startup Ecosystem, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and ensuring equitable regional and investment growth”.
- Sustainable Investments
The criteria for determining the winning IPA are “domestic and international investments that consider environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) criteria to generate long-term competitive financial returns and positive societal impact”.
- Most Agile IPA
The criterion for determining the winning IPA is the “ability of the IPA to develop robust and flexible action plans and execute them in the view of market shocks and geo-economic uncertainties”.
- Ecosystem Enabler
The criterion for determining the winning IPA is “building a conducive business ecosystem (includes social, economic, labour, policy, and compliance standards)”.