- Tullow Oil to invest US$10 million in Kenya’s oil field development
- Harnessing 4IR to propel Africa’s economy to address unemployment
- Kenya ranked 13 on list of countries with good governance in Africa
- Mozambique: Central Bank maintains monetary policy interest rate
- Artificial Intelligence in Africa – Leveling the narrative
- Boost for US-Africa relations as US Treasury Secretary visits Senegal, Zambia
- How Kenyan workers were exploited to build ChatGTP
- Africa Agri Expo attracts 100 investors, $25Mn expected in deals
Even though the EU delegates admitted that; “We recognised, everybody, does, that there is an unbearable vaccination gap that has to be closed … between Africa and Europe,” the diplomats still said no vaccine patent waiver for Africa.
Also, despite scientists warning of the possibility of new Covid variants developing in Africa and the fact that just 5 per cent of Africa has been inoculated, the EU still said no to easing vaccine access to Africa.
The African Union (AU) had expected some sought of EU backing for targeted and time-limited Trips Waiver on vaccines. Trips stand for: Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual-Property Rights and a waiver would have made it affordable for Africa to produce the vaccines in Africa.
According to SOS Children’s Villages, 3.2 million children under the age of five die every year because of hunger and drought in Africa. In other words, more than half the children who die of hunger-related causes come from the continent.
In the same breath, he said that there has also been inconsistency in the flow of funds to UNICEF to support humanitarian response.
UNICEF said more than 255,000 children received treatment for severe wasting in Somalia last year. On Tuesday, January 2022, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said the widespread drought in the Horn of Africa has severely affected the country the most, forcing the government to declare a state of emergency in November.
For the first time, Pfizer vaccines from the United States have landed in the country.…
The Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) has reaffirmed its commitment to the governments effort in…
Kenya and Uganda are among the countries selected for the Phase 1 clinical trial of an…
Kenya’s ministry of health has stepped up its efforts to fight the global pandemic by…
Africa’s healthcare sector is on the verge of digital transformation. This is according to a…
Kenya’s Ministry of Devolution together with the Food and Agriculture Organization say the country requires…